Poti is the first free industrial zone in Georgia
developed by an investment authority from the United Arab Emirates in collaboration with the Georgian government. Investors who set up a Poti free zone company in Georgia
enjoy certain tax benefits, a great location and other business opportunities.
The city of Poti is a port in Georgia with access to the Black Sea. Its position is favorable for import and export activities
and the city is an important industrial center. Our company formation agents in Georgia
can help you open a company in any area of the country and guide you throughout the company incorporation procedure.
The Poti free industrial zone
The advantages of opening a company in a free zone in Georgia are strategic as well as operational. Tax advantages are another important reason why investors choose to open companies in the Poti free zone
Strategic and operational advantages in the Poti free zone include:
- good geographical location in the country and in Europe;
- proximity to the Poti port;
- strategic corridor;
- easy company set-up procedure;
- full foreign ownership;
- no requirements for minimum capital for companies;
- low costs for licenses and permits;
- 100% capital and profit repatriation;
- accessible labor costs.
While Georgia has an attractive taxation system all around the country, the free zone will provide additional benefits for investors. Tax advantages in the Poti free zone include:
- 0% dividend tax;
- 0% profit and property tax.
The tax on imports and exports is also abolished in the free zone, however, there is a 4% tax levied on sales to Georgia from the free industrial zone and vice versa.
Companies in the Poti free zone
Investors who want to set up a company in the Poti free zone will need to apply for a license according to the type of activity performed by the company. The available license types include:
- manufacturing and commercial activities;
- general trade activities and special trade;
- consulting activities and other services;
- logistics and contracting;
- financial and banking services.
Investors in the Poti zone can rent land plots, warehouses and industrial units or offices and storage rooms at affordable prices.